Biology & Environmental Indicators Department
Includes (Aquatic Environment, Plant, and Zoology)
- Living organisms including Phytoplankton, Zooplanktons, and Macrobenthos considered as a good biological indicators of water pollution.
- Also, analysis of different parts Fish and Plant can indicate the water pollution degree.
- Each laboratory has the analytical instrument for either preparation or evaluation
• High magnification power microscopes.
• Electronic sensitive balance.
• Microfine cutting grinder.
• High temperature ovens.
• Laminar air flow cabinet.
• Hot plates.
• Chlorophyll grinder.
• Fish measuring device.
• Preparation of different parts of plant for detection heavy metals, cations and NPK
• Preparation fish samples for heavy metals detection.
• Zooplankton and phytoplankton enumeration and classification.
• Measurements of chlorophyll (a,b,c).